Copyright © 1999–2019 FastMail Pty Ltd
Cyrus Developer 2015
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED - page left online for historical purposes.
FastMail is a key contributor to the open-source Cyrus IMAPd server.
FastMail is a hosted messaging service, pushing the envelope to make email better. A key differentiator for FastMail is our deep knowledge and ownership of the entire software stack.
We are looking for a strong C programmer to work in our Melbourne, Australia office.
The primary focus of this role is the continuing design, development, maintenance and improvement of the open source Cyrus IMAP/POP/CalDAV/CardDAV server. It's expected that the vast majority of code you develop will be fully open source (e.g. https://github.com/brong/cyrus-imapd/) and contributed back to the public project.
The role also entails supporting the branch of Cyrus used in the production FastMail platform, and there is scope to take on additional responsibilities within the operations team.
- Solid understanding of the C programming language
- Experience with Unix/Linux/POSIX platforms and related software development environments
- Experience developing and delivering server applications
- Understanding of best practice software architectural issues as they are implemented in C
- Ability to work and problem solve on your own with minimal guidance and supervision
- Good analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to a team environment
- A wide degree of creativity
Strong preference for:
- BS in Computer/Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of email (IMAP, POP, sieve, etc) and collaboration (CalDAV, CardDAV) protocols.
- Knowledge of Perl programming language
- Good working knowledge of Open Source projects
Drop us a line at email@example.com and let us know why you think you'd be a great fit; including some links to code you've written might be helpful.
(please note, you must already have the right to work in Australia; we are unfortunately unable to help with visas or sponsorship)