Join us to further develop your practical skills and gain valuable work experience!
Fastmail is looking for a marketing intern to help us grow by attracting leads. You’ll help us to improve our SEO rankings by running a backlink program.
You’ll be supported by Fastmail’s Marketing Lead. While gaining experience working for a successful brand, you’ll receive training and access to experienced people in the tech industry.
About the job
This is a unique opportunity for the type of person who loves digital marketing, is a good conversational writer, loves learning, and is looking for professional growth.
Your job will be:
- Part time and 8 hours/week, which can be done during one full business day/week or two half days/week or nights and weekends if you already have a FT job
- Work from home through at least January 1, 2021
- During US Eastern time zone hours
- Paid at $15/hr and capped at 8 total hours weekly
- For 4 months or 1 school semester to start with the opportunity for continued employment for 1 year
What you will be doing
Your main objective is to increase leads by creating more avenues for how people hear about Fastmail. To achieve this goal, you’ll learn all about our brand, values, competitors, and prospective customers.
In this role you will:
- Execute personalized backlink outreach so that our brand can appear on more lists and directories organically
- Gain an understanding of our current rankings and keyword performance to understand how customers find Fastmail on search engines
- Identify high authority quality blogs and websites to reach out to through our outreach process
We will help you to understand the details of what’s needed for each step and provide training, explanations, and feedback so that you can grow and improve.
You’re an ambitious college student or career changer, who is knowledgeable about digital marketing. You can write with persuasion. Beyond good grammar, you are able to engage and attract people with your strategic writing to win leads.
You’ll be successful if you are passionate about learning and results oriented. It would be a great bonus if you are excited about some aspect of our business be it technology, email, digital privacy, or human-centric products.
So that you’re able to bring your best the position, we’re looking for someone with the support and flexibility to sustain working only 8 hours/week. You will also need your own computer.
Working at Fastmail
At Fastmail, our workplaces are friendly, warm, and inclusive. To ensure the safety of our team, we’re all working remotely. While this is a part time position, our full benefits are not available, however we do offer some perks that you can enjoy.
You’ll be met with:
- Access to experts in marketing, business, leadership, and technology
- A supportive work environment including resource sharing to help you to grow
- An open invitation to team events where you can learn, have fun, or share your passions
- Flexible scheduling around school breaks, holidays, child care, or vacations
- Work from home through January 2021 (at least)
- When we go back to work, you’ll have access to our lovely sunny offices located in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia.
- Fun swag like t-shirts, stickers, and even product! We can set you up with complimentary Fastmail, Topicbox, or Pobox accounts.
- Cultural exchange with our team and leaders who know everything about Melbourne, Australia, where our HQ is located!
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation. You must have the right to work in the United States.
Sounds great, what’s next?
To apply, please email marketing-US@jobs.fastmailteam.com. Please introduce yourself and tell us why you’d be a good fit for the job. Please also include a PDF of your resume.
Job Type: Part-time