Acquisition Marketer 2021
We’re looking for an Acquisition Marketer to join the Fastmail
team in our Center City Philadelphia office. Introduce a trusted email brand to
new audiences, on a team that puts people first.
What you’ll be doing
Together with the rest of our team, you’ll work on our email services Fastmail,
Pobox, and Topicbox. When the vast majority of people get email for free, the
reason people choose Fastmail is because they value privacy and a great experience.
Fastmail is in a growth phase, and we want to reach more prospective customers
wherever they are. We use great opportunities, both one-time and ongoing, to
introduce ourselves to the growing market of people concerned about their
digital privacy, or who just want better email!
You’ll be part of our growing marketing team, supported by a data scientist,
graphic designer, and the rest of our staff. You’ll be responsible for sourcing
- Paid opportunities on appropriate channels, including podcasts, social
media, influencers, blogs, and targeted websites
- Podcasts and other speaking opportunities for company leadership
- Marketing partnerships with values-aligned companies and entities
- Other creative opportunities
You’ll be responsible for tracking performance and metrics, including CPA, to
ensure effectiveness and ROI. You’ll find words that work for the audiences you
target, building our marketing toolset one campaign at a time!
Who will do well at this job
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Believe in privacy as a customer right
- Are enthusiastic about productivity and privacy centered tools
- Love to get creative in finding qualified leads
- Have a knack for persuasive writing that connects with your audience
Your background should include:
- 2+ years experience in acquisition marketing, with a demonstrated track
record of success
- Experience generating campaigns from scratch, not just implementing them
- Experience with word of mouth or social media marketing
A background with PR or analytics, while not required, would be a strong plus!
All members of our marketing team should be excellent, compelling writers,
capable of producing high quality copy. You should be an effective team player,
coming together with your colleagues to ensure consistent tone and messaging
across all our marketing work. You should be comfortable managing your own task
calendar to hit deadlines, and be comfortable with the basic number crunching
of paid marketing performance.
Working at Fastmail
This is a full-time role. Like everyone on our team, you’ll get great benefits.
- 100% covered medical and dental benefits for you from day one
- generous contributions for partners and dependent coverage (also available from day one)
- four weeks of paid time off
- paid sick leave, holidays, and parental leave
- paid sabbatical for long-term staff
- annual professional development budget to fund your own growth
- supportive work environment
- team events to share your passions (from tech tools and user testing to crafts, movies, and games)
- fully remote until July 2021 (at least)
This job is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Right now, we’re all working
from home, but in general we have a strong in-person culture, and would like to
have someone who will be on site and part of that culture once it’s safe to
hang out in person again.
We also have an office in Melbourne, Australia, and we’re in close
communication with them. This means that you’ll need to be available for an
hour or two of evening calls each week. We are partners, parents and
caregivers ourselves, and we understand time-zone flexibility goes in both
directions. Talk to us if you’re unsure. (Also, once it’s safe to travel
again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to Melbourne, an artsy and
charming Australian city!)
You can read about our values, and our
blog contains interviews with some of the people
who will become your colleagues at Fastmail.
We encourage employees to write and speak about the great work we do, and to
stay engaged with their professional peers. Many staff members choose to
attend conferences for learning and networking, and several staff members are
regular conference speakers.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, pregnancy,
gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation. We can help
you relocate to Philadelphia if needed. The thing we can’t help with is a visa
or sponsorship. You must already have the right to work in the United States.
Sounds great, what’s next?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and tell us
why you would be a good fit for the job. Send us a resume (as a PDF, please)
and the most effective marketing campaign you’ve run! We’d also love to hear
what you’re interested in, what makes the job interesting, and anything else
you want to tell us up front.
Job Type: Full-time