Copyright © 1999–2018 FastMail Pty Ltd
Download all your data
Whether you're migrating away from FastMail or you'd like to make your own backup of your data, you can download all your information.
- Download your mail
- Download your contacts
- Download your calendars
- Download your notes
- Download your payment history
- Download your login history
- Delete all your data
Download your mail
You can download your mailbox contents from us into a desktop mail client, following the standard setup instructions. From there, your client can export the data to somewhere on disk in a format of your choice.
Some extra configuration to check:
- Make sure your mail client is set up to download data for offline access. This ensures it has a local copy of all your data.
- Make sure your mail client is downloading all your folders. By default, many clients only synchronise the INBOX.
- Make sure your mail client isn't configured to leave large mail or large mail attachments on the server.
Download your contacts
Follow our guide to export your contacts.
Download your calendars
Follow our guide to export your calendars.
Download your notes
The fastest and most reliable way to download your notes is to select each one and manually copy and paste their contents into your favourite desktop text editor.
Download your payment history
To download your past invoices, click on the View payment history and printable invoices link on the Settings → Billing & Plan screen. There will be a link to download all previous invoices.
Download your login history
You can download your login history from the last two weeks as a CSV file.
Go to Settings → Password & Security and scroll down to the bottom to find a link to view all logins in the last two weeks. Click to view the log, and there will be a link to download the data in CSV format.
Delete your data
You can delete all your data by closing your account.