Download all your data
Whether you're migrating away from Fastmail or you'd like to make your own backup of your data, you can download all your information.
- Download your mail
- Download your contacts
- Download your calendars
- Download your notes
- Download your files
- Download your payment history
- Download your login history
- Delete all your data
Download your mail
You can import your mail into a desktop mail client using our setup guides. From there, your mail client can export the data to be stored locally in a format of your choice.
Some tips to remember when downloading your mail:
- Make sure your mail client is set up to download data for offline access. This ensures it has a local copy of all of your data.
- Make sure your mail client is downloading all of your folders. By default, many clients only synchronize the INBOX.
- Make sure your mail client isn't configured to leave large mail or large mail attachments on the server.
Download your contacts
Follow our guide to export your contacts.
Download your calendars
Follow our guide to export your calendars.
Download your notes
At this time, we do not have a tool for downloading your notes. The easiest way to save your notes is to manually copy and paste them into a desktop text editor.
Download your files
You can download your files stored on Fastmail to your computer. This can be done either one file at a time, or all at once in a compressed ZIP folder.
- Go to Files.
- Click the checkbox next to each file you wish to download, or click the checkbox at the top to select all of your files.
- Click the Download button.
We have more information on Files in our help page.
Download your payment history
To download your past invoices, go to the Settings → Billing & Plan screen. Click on the View payment history and printable invoices link. This page will show your payment history at the top section, and links to download all previous invoices at the bottom section.
Download your login history
You can download your login history from the last four weeks as a CSV file.
Go to the Settings → Password & Security screen and click Review to see your Logged In Sessions page. Click on the View all logins in the last 4 weeks link to view your Login Log. In the blue shaded box, there will be a link to download the data in CSV format.
Delete your data
You can delete all your data by closing your account.