Detach users from an account
You can detach a user from a multi-user account and separate them into an account of their own.
Please note: It is recommended to have the owner of the to-be detached account physically present so they can enter their password and review the terms.
Detaching a user into an account of their own involves 4 steps:
- Create a new account with a temporary username.
- Import the old user's mail into the new account.
- Delete the original user.
- Rename the new account to the recently-made available address.
See below for more details on each step:
1. Sign up for a new account
2. Import the original user into the newly created account
- Log into the new account.
- Open the Settings → Import & Setup screen.
- Click IMAP.
- Next, you'll be prompted to to enter the credentials of the original Fastmail account:
- App password
- On the next screen, you will be able to choose the options that best suit you:
- Import the mail into existing folders on the new account or separate it under one migrated folder.
- Fetching and sending from the original Fastmail account. However, because you will soon be closing it, you will likely not want to check either option.
- Click Do it.
Once your mail is finished importing, we'll email you with a summary of what happened. Please be patient and do not try importing from the same account again while the first one is still running, otherwise you'll get 2 copies of every message in your account. You can continue to use your account as normal while your email is being imported.
After this process has been completed, and you are certain that all of the original account's mail has been imported, you may continue with deleting the user.
3. Delete the original user
Log in as an Admin of the original account and delete this user. This step will also free up the address, making it available for use on the new account. (Please note that skipping this step may cause the account to be charged again, upon its next subscription renewal date.)
4. Rename the account
Once the user has been deleted, the username will be available for use on the newly created separate account. You can reclaim the address by logging back in and renaming the account.