Copyright © 1999–2017 FastMail Pty Ltd
How to sync a calendar from Google, iCloud or another CalDAV service
Sync a calendar from your account at another service, such as Google or iCloud, so you can view and manage it from your FastMail account. You can make changes at either service and the calendar will stay up to date.
How to set up sync
To sync some or all of your calendars from Google, iCloud or another CalDAV server:
- Open the Settings → Calendars screen.
- In the Add Account section, select the option to Add calendars from ....
- Set where you want to sync from, whether this is Google, iCloud or another CalDAV server.
- Log in to your external account as prompted.
- For Google you will log in via a popup window to Google's website.
- For iCloud you will need your iCloud username and password. If you've enabled 2-factor authentication on your iCloud account, you will need to create an application specific password first.
- For other calendar services simply enter your username, password and the URL for your calendar server.
- Once logged in we will fetch the list of calendars in your account. Select the one(s) you wish to sync from.
- Optionally, pick a new colour and give it a different name (by default we will use the same name the calendar has in the external account).
- Click Create Calendar.
The calendar will be created and set to sync with your external account. The next calendar in the account will automatically be selected: repeat steps 6 and 7 to sync the other calendars in your external account as well.
Important note for Google Calendar users
By default, Google Calendar does not expose shared calendars over CalDAV. To enable these calendars for sync as well, go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect.
See our calendar troubleshooting guide.
To remove an individual calendar
- On the Settings → Calendars screen, click the Edit & Share button on the calendar you wish to remove.
- Click Remove
This will remove the calendar from FastMail. You can re-add the calendar from its source account at any time.
To remove an external account
To stop syncing all calendars belonging to an external service, click Remove Account from the entry under the Calendar Accounts heading.
Any calendars that were set up to sync at the time you remove the account will be removed from FastMail.
Event invitations on a synced calendar
If you don't mind your invites being sent from your FastMail account and replies being returned to your FastMail account, you can operate your synced calendar from FastMail as normal.
Take a look at our troubleshooting guide.