Copyright © 1999–2017 FastMail Pty Ltd
1Password integration with FastMail two-step verification
Sick of having to type in your password each time into the web interface? The FastMail web interface supports integration with 1Password. It can be used to log in, and to unlock the Password and Security screen.
Looking for information on using 1Password with iOS/Android apps?
Using 1Password for password management
Once you have 1Password installed, it will automatically prompt to save your username and password when you log into FastMail. It will also remember if you selected the "Keep me logged in" option.
To manually create a 1Password entry for FastMail, the website url to use is
To alter the "Keep me logged in" option, edit the entry in 1Password and select/deselect the (unnamed) checkbox in the
web form details.
Using 1Password with two-step verification
If you're using two-step verification, you can use 1Password to provide the authentication code, rather than needing an additional app.
- Within FastMail, add a new security device of type
- Within 1Password, edit the FastMail account and opt to add a "One-Time Password".
- Position the 1Password scanning window over the FastMail QR code and save.
- Copy the 6 digit code out of 1Password and paste it into the FastMail authenticator settings.
- Name the authenticator device in FastMail and save.
Now when you log in to FastMail using 1Password, you can use 1Password to generate the authenticator code and paste it into the FastMail website.
Check out the 1Password guide to one-time passwords for more details.
Having problems getting 1Password to work with us? Check out their comprehensive help.