Payment details are available on the Settings → Billing & Plan screen.
- Pay outstanding balance / Renew subscription
- View invoices and payment history
- Why did my payment fail?
Pay outstanding balance / Renew subscription
When your subscription expires, we automatically renew using the payment details you have saved. Any credit in your account balance will be applied to the balance. You can save a credit card on your account at any time by clicking the Add Billing Details button.
If you'd prefer not to store your payment information with Fastmail, you can use the Add Funds button to add funds to your account balance. We accept payment via Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
You can change the duration of your subscription either by changing the length in the dropdown on the auto-renew notice, or by clicking Renew Now and choosing the new plan length.
Payment details such as price and plan length are available on the Settings → Billing & Plan screen.
View invoices and payment history
To download a copy of your invoice, or see a list of all payment activity on your account, use the View payment history and printable invoices link on the Settings → Billing & Plan screen.
Why did my payment fail?
Card payments can fail for a number of reasons:
- Insufficient funds. Please ensure that your card has the suffucient funds, then try again.
- Too many payment attempts within a short space of time. Payment providers view this as an attempt at fraud and will block further payment attempts. We suggest contacting your bank first to address the underlying issue that's causing payment failure. Once this has been done, please wait 24 hours from your most recent attempt and try again.
- Some card providers (especially for prepaid or debit cards) don't support delayed capture. We do try to detect cards that are likely to reject delayed capture and just charge those up front, but this is not always possible. In these cases, a different payment method will be needed.
Because our company is based in Australia, we have seen payment fail even when the card is valid and it has sufficient funds. This most often occurs when a bank rejects the attempted international charge. If this happens, please contact your bank and have them expect and accept a payment to Australia. This authorization will allow the transaction to be completed.
If you continue to have issues submitting your payment, please contact support.