Copyright © 1999–2017 FastMail Pty Ltd
How to set up Mail on Windows 10
The instructions and screenshots in this setup guide are for mail on Windows 10.
Windows 10 Mail needs its own app password to access your information. If you use your normal password or your FastMail two step verification password on an external account, syncing to an external service won't work and you will see a password error.
Set up your email
Start up Windows Mail, and go to the Accounts screen, select Add Account
The system will ask you for the account type: select Advanced set-up.
On the advanced set-up screen, choose Internet email.
The next screen you enter all the details for your account. You may need to scroll down.
- Email address: Your full FastMail email address, including the domain.
- Username: your full FastMail account name in
- Password: your Windows Mail app password. (What is an app password?)
- Account name: How Windows Mail will refer to this account in future. This is not shown to anyone else.
- Send your messages using this name: This is shown in the 'from' field of emails.
- Incoming email server: set to
- Account type: set to
- Outgoing SMTP server: set to
- Outgoing server requires authentication: leave enabled.
- Use the same username and password for sending email: leave enabled.
- Require SSL for incoming email: leave enabled.
Require SSL for outgoing email: leave enabled.
Set up your calendar and contacts
Windows 10 only supports a limited number of external contact servers or calendar servers. You will need to use a third party plugin to work with FastMail.